Milia is called a milk spot that readily appears on specific parts of the body such as under the eyes, cheeks, nose, chest and forehead. You can recognize the signs of Milia that it would be found in the yellowish and little white.
Milia are profoundly seen in newborn babies but it could go within a few weeks. These are the keratin-filled cysts that are quite harmless and considered unsightly. Moreover, sometimes it can appear on the adult body and it takes about a year or several months to disappear completely. So people of all ages can be suffered from Milia.
The reason behind the appearance of the Milia can be the occurrence of dead skin cells that cannot be removed properly from the skin and therefore cause clogged pores. The cause of the dead skin cells would be the use of heavily pore-clogging skin care products, sun damage, injuries and use of steroid-containing creams.
Milia are generally a worse thing that hides your beauty otherwise it is neither itchy nor painful but yes! It needs treatment. So for this, it is better to avoid medicines and apply some homemade remedies that work great to remove the Milia. So here you go.
Facial Sauna Is Very Effective Remedy For Dead Skin Cells ( Milia or Milk Spots )
Facial sauna is especially done for those skins that have dead skin cells and debris in an excess amount. So it helps in removing the clogged pores while treating the Milia.
- First, soak a clean towel in hot water and wring out the excess. Now place this towel on your face where you see the clogged pores for some minutes and then remove it. Repeat the process two or three times daily for a week or a little more.
- Another way is can apply the steam to all of your faces for 15 minutes on the daily basis. It helps in conditioning the skin. After taking steam, you can also apply apple cider vinegar or castor oil to your face.
Honey Properties Work Best To Avoid Dryness And Retain Moisture On Skin
Honey contains reliable properties like humectant and antioxidant properties that work to avoid dryness and retain the moisture on your face. It is wonderfully effective for your skin alone but if it is used in the combination with other ingredients, it can be formed as a facial scrub that will help in exfoliating the skin to reduce Milia.
- In this case, raw honey is usually preferred so spread the honey all over your face then leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off. Do this remedy daily for better improvement.
- Another option is to mix two tbsp. of honey and one tbsp. of jojoba oil then apply it to your face and leave for 20 minutes. Repeat the procedure at least three times a week.
- In the above-mentioned mixture, you can also add one tbsp. of granulated sugar and three tbsp. of oatmeal to prepare a facial scrub. Scrub with a light circular motion of your hand for several minutes then rinses it off. Repeat twice a week.
Sandalwood and Rose Water Can Remove The Milia
To automatically remove the Milia, you would have to apply the combined formula of rose water and the sandalwood powder. This will quickly remove the excess oil on your skin and dead skin cells as well.
- Make a paste by adding two tbsp. of sandalwood powder with a sufficient quantity of rose water.
- Spread this paste with the help of the foundation brush on your skin then leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off gently with cool water and then pat dry.
- Do this remedy regularly for a few weeks.
Pomegranate Peel Powder Very Useful Remedy For Milk Spots
Another useful remedy for Milia is the roasted pomegranate peel powder. Pomegranate has antioxidant and exfoliating properties and is enriched with vitamin C so it is amazingly valuable for your skin. Acne and pimples will soothe out with pomegranate peel powder.
- Roast the pomegranate peels until they form dark brown and brittle. Crush them with your hands and grind them into powder form.
- Now add lemon juice or rose water to a bowl and add two tbsp. of the powder to make a paste.
- Rub the mixture on your face with gentle hands then leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Follow this remedy a few times a week until the Milia disappear.
Castor Oil Helps To Fight Milia Problem
Castor oil has healing and antibacterial properties and controls oil production therefore it helps to fight against several skin problems including Milia.
- Apply directly one-half tsp of castor oil on your face and leave it for a few minutes until it is completely dried and absorbed in your skin. Do this for several months to get better results.
- You can also add an equal quantity of olive oil to the castor oil.
- Another thing you can do is mix one tsp of castor oil and enough amount of baking soda to make a paste then apply it to the affected area. Leave it for a few hours then wash it off. Repeat the procedure for two weeks in a regular manner.
Sugar Scrub Useful To Get Rid Milia
To get rid of Milia, sugar scrub is highly recommended and beneficial as well due to the exfoliating action on the skin. In this recipe, olive oil and lemon juice are included to make your skin softer and brighter too.
- Take one-half piece of lemon and squeeze out the juice then mix it with two tbsp. of granulated sugar and one tsp of olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients well together then apply this scrub to your skin for a few minutes.
- After applying, you would have to leave the scrub on the skin for at least 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Do this remedy two times a week for a few months.
Cornstarch and Vinegar Removes Milia Fast
For whitehead-type Milia, a combination of cornstarch and vinegar works wonders. Usually, apple cider vinegar is used in this method as it works as an astringent and cornstarch absorb the excess oil from the skin.
- In one tsp of vinegar, add enough cornstarch that it gets easily forms a paste-like texture.
- Apply this paste to the affected parts and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the paste or wipe it off with a washcloth soaked in warm water and then rinse properly.
- Do this remedy regularly until you see the bumps have gone.
Tea Tree Oil Helps To Dry Up Milia Bumps Very Fast
Tea tree oil alone should be applied regularly as it helps in drying up the Milia bumps very quickly. Tea tree oil is also known as a natural disinfectant for the skin.
First, you need to clean your face and then with the help of a cotton ball, you need to dab tea tree oil little by little on the skin. This method is most likely to be done at night before going to bed. In the morning, wash the face-off.
Aloe Vera Help Milia To Get Rid Fast
Aloe vera is used in many cases of the skin because it is soothing, and healing and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that will readily help Milia to get rid of quickly from the skin. It also works to open up the skin pores.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf then massages it on your face. Leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning. Do this process twice daily to make the Milia disappear. Preferably in a few days, it shows positive results.
- Mix equal parts of aloe vera gel and green tea. Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse it off. It is especially good for the area around the eyes to fade dark circles.
Fenugreek Leaves For Milia From Skin
Fenugreek leaves are extremely used in Ayurveda as a beauty aid to get rid of acne, breakouts, Milia, blackheads, boils and blemishes. Fenugreek has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Take a handful of fenugreek leaves and grind them with a little quantity of water.
- Spread this paste on the face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes then wash it off.
- Repeat the process daily.