Make your home remedies for bladder infections from common ingredients and be pain-free for no cost at all.
Bladder infections more commonly known as Urinary Tract Infections or UTIs– affect 1 out of every 5 women at some point in their lives and can be extremely difficult to treat without resorting to heavy doses of antibiotics. They are caused by E. coli bacteria travelling through the vagina, up the urethra and into the bladder, infecting and inflaming it. Luckily, you can quickly and cheaply treat these infections by making a bladder infection home remedy in your kitchen.
Yogurt To Treat Bladder Infection
Yogurt contains acidophilus Bifidus, a bacterium that helps eliminate bladder infections. Consume large amounts of yogurt with active bacterial cultures. This bacteria also helps fight fungus so you can apply fresh yogurt to your vaginal area to get relief from itching and irritation caused by the bladder infection.
Cranberry Juice To Cure Bladder Infections
Cranberries contain tannin, a compound that prevents bacteria from attaching to the wall of the urinary tract. One of the most popular home remedies for bladder infections, drinking cranberry juice will allow harmful bacteria to flush out of your system in urine and also lessen the chances of a recurrence. Although you can drink bottled cranberry juices (available at supermarkets), consider making your own at home. This will be fresher and healthier, without all the added preservatives and chemical sweeteners which may aggravate your infection.
- Add cranberries to a pot of water (use less water for a more concentrated juice and more for a lighter flavour).
- Boil the cranberries until they break down.
- Refrigerate this juice – you can add sugar or mix it with another unsweetened fresh fruit juice if you find it too bitter.
Apple Cider Vinegar Ease Bladder Pain
Vinegar is often used for cleaning because its high acidity kills bacteria quickly and effectively, which is why you can use it as a bladder infection home remedy. Fill your bathtub with warm water and add one cup of apple cider vinegar. Soak in this bath for as long as you like. The vinegar will help eliminate the bacteria while the warm water will ease the pain and relieve the irritation and burning sensation caused by the bladder infection.
Fresh garlic juice acts as a natural antibiotic and has been proven to kill off bacteria which are responsible for several different kinds of urinary tract infections. Make your own bladder infection home remedy using garlic juice as follows:
- Make garlic juice by pureeing a head of garlic in a blender. Strain the puree with a mesh strainer and a second time with a coffee filter. Store this in a glass vessel in your refrigerator (since it will be impossible to get the smell out of a plastic container).
- Before each meal, add one teaspoon of this garlic juice to a glass of warm water. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and drink.
Other Common Home Remedies For Bladder Infection
Some of the most popular home remedies for bladder infections are as follows:
1. Drink large amounts of water to flush the toxins and bacteria out of your system.
2. Add a pinch of baking soda to your food to eliminate the bacteria.
3. Drink half a glass of lemon juice in the mornings. The acidic vitamin C will kill the harmful bacteria.
Although a bladder infection home remedy can work for most people, be wary. If your bladder infection home remedy does not seem to be working and you start noticing an increase in pain or blood in your urine, consult a doctor immediately.