Whenever you notice the white spots on the nose, cheeks, temples and forehead, it is accompanied by the whiteheads also called comedones. These are produced due to the dirt, sebum and dead skin cells. Whitehead is a kind of acne mark caused by clogged skin pores. Whiteheads and blackheads are similar to each other, they do not make a difference. Only the change is in the colour that whiteheads are small and like yellow bumps and blackheads are of course black in colour and visible as these are being exposed to oxygen.
Every time your body undergoes many changes and hormonal changes and genetic factor is one of them. People with overactive sebaceous glands and producing excess amounts of sebum usually contain whiteheads. People with acne-prone skin also suffer from whiteheads. Here you can see excellent home remedies to get rid of whiteheads in a few days.
Facial Steam Best Thing To Reduce Whiteheads
A facial steam is the first best way to reduce whiteheads using different cleansing and scrubbing products. You can also take a facial sauna as it helps open the pores and make a path for the dirt to get out of your skin; it helps in controlling the oil by removing the dead skin cells.
- Take a pan and boil some in it, white it is steaming, turn the flame off and place your face over the pan holding a towel over your head as it will help in duping the steam around your face. Keep it like this for about five minutes then finally dry your face with a clean towel.
- Another option you can do is take a clean towel and soak it in warm water then put it on your face. Leave it for a few minutes then remove it. Repeat the procedure three times in one sitting.
Baking Soda Best Home Remedy For Dead Skin Cells
It is such an easy process and baking soda is always available at your home. Baking soda is recommended actually for the gentle exfoliation of oil and dead skin cells. It balances your skin’s pH level.
- Take one tsp of baking soda in a small bowl then add little water in it to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected parts then wash it off after a few minutes.
- Repeat the process three times a week until you are satisfied.
Oatmeal To Get Rid Of The Dead Skin Cells And Dirt from Skin
Oatmeal is also used as an exfoliating agent to get rid of the dead skin cells and dirt from your skin. It can absorb the excess amount of oil and open the pores.
- In a bowl, mix two tbsp. of yogurt, one tbsp. of each lemon juice and honey and four tbsp. of powdered oatmeal. It is an option for you to add the apple cider vinegar. Mix them well together then apply this paste to your face. Rinse it off after 20 minutes.
- Simple add powdered oatmeal in an adequate amount of water and mix. Apply this on your face then leave for 10 minutes. Scrub it gently to exfoliate the skin, minimize pores and reduce blackheads.
Sugar Scrub Works Amazingly For Oily Skin
You can make your sugar scrub at your home. It is amazing for oily skin. Also, it is a great exfoliating formula to absorb excess oil and debris in the pores.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of sugar together. You can add a pinch of lemon juice to it.
- Apply it to your face and massage with a gentle motion of your hands.
- Leave it for some minutes.
- Wipe it off using a wet washcloth then wash your face with cold water.
- Do this remedy twice a week regularly.
Lemon Juice As Many Essential Benefits For Skin
Lemon juice contains many essential benefits for the skin as it has alpha-hydroxy acids that help in gentle exfoliation and cell regeneration.
- Squeeze a lemon in a small bowl and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Dab it on your face where whiteheads are formed.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then wash it off with cold water.
- Do this remedy daily before sleeping and continue for a few months.
Apple Cider Vinegar Works as an Astringent For Skin
Apple cider vinegar acts as an astringent for your skin and helps in removing the excess oil. Another benefit of apple cider vinegar is that it contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help fight against acne and dirt.
- In a cup filled with water, add one tbsp. of apple cider vinegar then mix it well with water. Apply this solution to your face with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it for 10 minutes then wash with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix one part of apple cider vinegar with three parts of cornstarch. Apply it to overall your face. Leave the solution for 20 minutes then scrub it gently. Clean your face using a clean washcloth already soaked in warm water.
Tea Tree Oil Helps In Reducing The Excess Oil And Whiteheads
Tea tree oil works as an astringent that helps in reducing the excess oil and whiteheads.
- Dip a cotton swab in water then put four drops of tea tree oil on it.
- Dab it gently on the whiteheads.
- Leave for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Do this remedy two times daily for better improvement.
Cinnamon Improving The Quality Of Skin
It is an excellent ingredient which helps in improving the quality of your skin. Cinnamon can be used as a scrub as it will lead to the quick reduction of black and whiteheads while producing more collagen in your skin.
- Take one tsp of each cinnamon powder and oat flour with a sufficient amount of warm water to make a thick paste. Spread this paste on your face and scrub it gently for a few minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse it off.
- Another option is to apply a paste of one tsp of each of honey and aloe vera gel with a pinch of cinnamon powder. Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse it off.
Gram Flour (Besan) Reduces Dirt From Skin
Gram flour is an amazing ingredient to reduce dirt and debris from your skin. It is also used for the cleansing purpose to remove dead skin cells. Also, it is found good for removing unwanted facial hair.
- Mix two tbsp. of gram flour in a sufficient amount of yogurt and make a thick paste.
- Also, add one-quarter to one half-tsp of turmeric powder.
- Spread it all over your face then leave it until it becomes dry.
- Scrub it off then wash it.
- Repeat the process three times a week.
Strawberries Are Known To Be Much Beneficial For Skin
We don’t know how strawberries are known to be much beneficial for our skin. You can make a remedy from strawberries for whiteheads. It absorbs and traps the oil and dirt, dead skin cells and oil clogging the pores.
Salicylic acid is a common ingredient present in anti-acne creams and is used in many skin treatments to unblock pores. Ellagic acid is also present in this fruit which helps in the protection of skin from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Mash around 3 strawberries to make a paste.
- Mix it well with one tbsp. of honey.
- Spread this mixture on your face to gently massage for a few minutes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then wash it off.
- Repeat it once or twice a week for a few months.